Have you ever considered the fact that your personal philosophies where money is concerned, could be a hindrance to receiving the income or wealth you desire? Your “mindset for money” is a very important element in your overall prosperity, so take some time to really consider the areas below.
Here are eight questions to ask yourself to make sure you’re open and ready to receive the wealth you are striving for:
- Are you wise with the money you have? Do you build, invest in or buy assets? Or do you use your money to buy more things you do not need? Are you in debt and not serious about getting rid of it? Put first things first. It’s a spiritual law that if you can be trusted with little, you will be given much.
- Do you see yourself as having money or wealth? Even if you aren’t where you want to be, it’s important to begin to “think rich.” Jim Rohn has said that before he was wealthy, he used to tip well because he knew that one day he would be rich.
- Do you tithe or give to worthy organizations or causes? There are many people in this world who are in such dire circumstances and have no real way to help themselves. Being a giver will open the channels for you to receive. The spiritual law says that when you give, more will be given to you.
- Do you keep your word? What does this have to do with money you might ask? Everything! Your word is an integral part of who you are. When you don’t keep your word (even in the small things) you know you haven’t dealt with someone properly. To truly prosper, it’s important that you are known as a person who keeps their word. This includes you having faith in yourself and in your words.
- Are you using your God-given talents and abilities? We were all given our own unique talents and abilities. An eagle is designed to soar in high places and it was given everything it needs to do just that. It needs to learn and practice how to fly, but it already had the ability to do it. It’s the same with you, you must beat your craft and hone your skill, but you already have the ability and the talent to succeed. It’s another spiritual law that says if you use the talents you have, you WILL increase. If you don’t, you will lose what you have.
- Do you think big and take some risks? Small thinking equals small results. Are you able to see opportunities as the wealthy do or do you only see the risks or difficulties? An opportunity does NOT have to be risk-free in order for you to take advantage of it. Most things have a risk. Just be smart and do your “due diligence.” We’ve been programmed to look for a “risk-free” guarantee before we step out. Use some faith here. Faith mixed with skill and action is the key.
- Who’s giving you advice? Do they really have the kind of life and character that you want to have? Watch out for well-intentioned friends, relatives, and business associates. Take advice only from people who have done what you want to do. Make sure their personal gain is not an issue in any decisions that are made.
- Are you taking responsibility for your own financial future? It’s a fantasy to hope that somehow things will work themselves out. I don’t need to tell you that hoping to win the lottery is not a sound financial strategy. Do you have a solid plan to acquire or earn the finances you need? The spiritual law is, “the plans of the diligent lead surely to plenty.” If you’re lacking in wisdom in any of the areas above, begin to consciously work on your mindset for money, and you will notice good results sooner than you think.
To your success,
P.S. If you don’t have your “vehicle for success” yet, feel free to reach out to me – just use the Contact button above.